Notre Dame tours
About Notre Dame
With its 30.000 visitors a day, Notre Dame is the most visited place in Paris.
Inside the cathedral, visitors pray, discover, observe, light candles.
The monument alone is an architectural feat with its stone rosette. Inside and outside, the 18th century colossal cathedral decorated with gargoyles was once the place of Victor Hugo’s novel…
On Notre-Dame Cathedral forecourt is the Kilometer Zero of every French roads. It is from this point that the distances with other cities are calculated.
Update April 2019 : On April 15, 2019, a violent fire destroyed the spire and the entire roof covering the nave, choir and transept. Arches forming the ceiling also collapsed. The President of the French Republic foreshadows its reopening within five years.
– Construction start: 1163
– Height: 69 m. / 226 ft.
– Length: 127 m. / 417 ft.
– Number of bells: 8
– Numbers of steps to the top of the towers: 387
– Attendance: 13 million / year
– Opening time: every day from 8AM to 6:45PM
- Explore the origins of Paris on the Île de la Cité
- Discover a masterpiece of Gothic architecture at Notre-Dame
- Stroll past Sainte Chapelle and the Conciergerie
- See where Marie Antoinette was held captive
- Go to the enchanting Ile Saint Louis
Address: 6 Parvis Notre-Dame – Pl. Jean-Paul II, 75004 Paris
– Metro :
Line 4 – Cité
Lines 1, 11 – Hôtel de Ville
Line 10 – Maubert-Mutualité or Cluny-La Sorbonne
Lines 7, 11, 14 – Châtelet
– RER : Line B, C – Saint-Michel – Notre-Dame
Visit Notre Dame with one of our guide by booking one of our Notre Dame tour