February Specials – Temporary exhibitions in Paris
Brace yourselves for a series of temporary exhibitions not to miss on the City of Light !
Wheither you like paintings, art objects or photographs, find your happiness and cultivate your knowledge in those little special treats !
- An Introduction to the History of Art (1861-1914)
- 25th of January 2017 – 26th of April 2017
- Orsay Museum
- Auditorium level -2
Under the direction of Laurence Bertrand Dorléac, professor of history of art and politics at Sciences Po, you will learn how to watch an artwork, practice observation and change your view of the world. This introduction to the history of art 1861-1918 gives you the opportunity to understand why you love the works of this period. This is a very specialized subject!
- Vermeer et les maîtres de la peinture de genre / Vermeer and the masters of genre painting
- 22nd of February 2017 – 22nd of May 2017
- Louvre Museum
- Hall Napoléon, Under the pyramid
The exhibition allows visitors to understand how Vermeer and the painters of “active genre scenes” competed in the elaboration of elegant and refined scenes This anodyne representation of everyday life is actually a real specialty within the world of genre painting.
This exhibition is organized by the Louvre Museum, Paris, the National Gallery of Ireland, Dublin and the National Gallery of Art, Washington.
Château de Versailles :
- Fêtes et divertissements à la Cour / Celebrations and entertainment at the Court
- 29th of November 2016 – 26th of March 2017
- Palace of Versailles
The Palace of Versailles presents an exhibition showing the infinite varieties and ingenuities of the entertainment organized at the Court.
Those were making Versailles a place for festivals and shows always bigger and greater, extraordinary and fantastic… This exhibition will make you travel through three reigns, from Louis XIV to the Revolution.
Musée de l’Armée, Invalides
- La Fayette nous voilà ! Les Etats-Unis dans la grande guerre / La Fayette here we are ! The United States in the Great War
- 1st of February 2017 – 9th of April 2017
- Army Museum
As part of the centennial of the Great War and the commemorative season of 2017, the Army Museum offers a documentary exhibition about the United States. Discover its relations with France during this major conflict. On more than twenty panels, photographs, paintings, posters, monuments or heritage objects will be presented as a rendering of the personalities of La Fayette, Pershing, Foch… Dive into memories of the American Independence Day Celebrated at the Invalides, the representation of the Sammies by the painters, or the routing of troops and equipment…