What to do in Paris for the New Year ?
December 31th is the most festive evening of the year. Some stay at home, or invite friends at home, but tens of thousands of people prefer to go out to celebrate the New Year’s Eve. At the restaurant, in a cabaret, a discotheque, a performance hall, or just at the foot of the Eiffel Tower, there are plenty of opportunities to party in the most beautiful city in the world !
In the streets of Paris
To celebrate the transition to the New Year, there are some unmissable places in Paris. According to tradition, everyone kisses each other at twelve strokes of midnight ! The New Year’s Eve in Paris is one of the liveliest and brightest of the year. At the foot of the Sacré Coeur, the atmosphere is quieter and you have a breathtaking view of all Paris illuminated, but not on the Eiffel Tower. On the Champ-de-Mars and at the Trocadéro, everyone meets to admire the illuminations of the Eiffel Tower. Thousands of Parisians also meet on the Champs-Élysées to celebrate with joy and good humor.
In a restaurant
Several restaurants offer special menus for the New Year. We advise you :
- The 58 Tour Eiffel: An exceptional view of Paris illuminated and a tasting menu elaborated by the chef Alain Soulard.
- The Fouquet’s: The menu prepared in collaboration with Chef Pierre Gagnaire, three-star chef, will make you travel timeless.
- Brasserie Bofinger: The oldest of the Parisian brasseries revisits the songs of Paris and we left in the heart of France, in the flaming of the guinguettes, strolling along the Seine, discovering the Moulin Rouge, visiting Pigalle and strolling on the Champs Elysées …. With Edith Piaf, Maurice Chevalier, Charles Trenet, Joe Dassin, Gréco, Bécaud …. All in songs and under a multitude of hats to finish the year in joy and beauty! The Chef and his team will share a moment of finesse around a menu selected for the occasion !
At the Cabaret
Several cabarets offer special night for the New Year. We advise you :
- Moulin Rouge: Dinner and Revue Féerie from 9pm. The dancing dinner served with the Moulin Rouge Orchestra will be followed by the presentation of the midnight vows and the magazine. To finish the evening, from 2 o’clock, a dance party « Cotillons » with DJ and … an exceptional gift!
- Crazy Horse: Femininity, creativity and audacity will be the key words of this prestigious New Year’s Eve. The evening will begin at 7:45 pm with the show, with champagne and caviar … A succession of sparkling, amazing, impertinent and glamorous paintings.
- La Main au panier: For the New Year’s Eve, Élisabeth and Michel Forever prepare you for the longest night of laughter. Show animated by the show-man Michel Forever … until 2:30!
Finally before partying, do not hesitate to book an activity in Paris to finish the year in beauty !